Labels

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Bike For B

I have been looking, for the past year and a bit, to purchase a special bike for B. Because of her stroke at birth, her epilepsy, her spatial and attention problems, B cannot ride a regular bike and especially not in traffic. When she was little and could go on my bike it was not an issue, but now she is 13 and 130 pounds so trail-a-bikes and gators are no longer an option.

I have found the perfect bike. (See the link) We have to order it from the states. It is $1300 plus $700 shipping. We've looked into funding options, but they have not proved fruitful. Some charities only pay for specific items, some have very limited times to apply, and another wanted us to consider Canadian companies, at a cost of several thousand more for bikes not as appropriate. People have been offering to contribute to purchasing this bike, but I wanted to check out all of our options first.

Turns out ther aren't really any. :/ And the sooner we could get it, the better for B, who has been waiting for a bike for quite awhile.

So I am putting this out there. If you feel like you would like to contribute to getting B this bike, she and I would be very grateful. I have a paypal set up bikeforb@gmail.com. And please share this post with your friends.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Ive set up an auction for a piece of my art to benefit you guys. I hope it is successful. That would be so cool for you guys to get that bike asap! <3 ~Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, figured out Paypal, now am going to post to FB.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete